Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FIFA World Cup Menu - Week 3

Thus far it's been an interesting World Cup. I've been disappointed and shocked, often at the same time... Actually, that's pretty normal for the World Cup. That's why it's so much fun. It never goes exactly as you expect!

Here's week 3's menu.

2010 FIFA World Cup Menu - Week 3

1. South Africa - Bobotie (Beef Pie)
2. France - Sole Meuniere (without the same type of controversy the team has generated this year!)
3. England - Fish and Chips (We're cheating and buy this from take out. A new place opened up near me and it's causing a buzz so I must try it!)
4. Greece - Chicken Souvlaki
5. Honduras - Black Bean Soup

The official recipe for South Africa is the Bobotie. I wasn't keen on making a beef pie to bake in the oven this time of year but it is winter there... So I'll bite the bullet and be authentic.

I'll add the links to the recipes as I add them during the week. Enjoy!

Here are the other weeks in the 2010 FIFA World Cup Menu
Week 1
Week 2
Week 4
Final Game Menu

No comments: