Beer, Bacon and Onion Soup
- 4 slices bacon, cubed
- 2 -3 cups sliced red, white, yellow onions, shallots
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bottles beer
- 2 bottles water
- 1 tbsp Club House Le Grille steak spice or steak spice of your choice
- 3 tbsp fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese of your choice to top bowls (I used mozza and parmesan)
- Sliced bread to top bowls.
- Heat bacon over medium heat until cooked.
- Add onions and saute until brown
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds
- Add beer, water, steak spice (and dried thyme if using)
- Simmer 15 - 20 minutes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toss in fresh thyme
- Spoon in oven safe bowls and top with bread and cheese.
- Heat under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly
- (If you don't have oven safe bowls, toast the bread with the cheese on it until browned and place on top of soup in bowls)