Algeria - North Africa Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika, hot if you have a choice of which type
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 a large red onion, sliced
- 4 pitas
- lettuce, tomato, cucumber
- yogurt dressing or tzatziki sauce
- Mix the beef with the cumin, paprika, garlic, coriander and curry.
- Form into patties, I made mine more oblong to fit in the pita
- Heat a pan or grill to high
- Sear the burgers and red onion on the grill, turn and cook until cooked to your liking.
- Remove the burgers from the grill or pan, turn off the heat
- Place the pitas on the grill or pan and warm on each side
- Assemble the burgers on each pita with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and yogurt sauce.