Thursday, June 10, 2010

FIFA World Cup Menu - Week 1

Are you ready for some football?!?!?! Okay, not that kind of football just yet! How about some world football, that thing we call soccer here in North America? Tomorrow the 2010 FIFA World Cup kicks off and as promised, I'll be cooking meals from some of the participating countries. I'm going to do 4, 5 day week menus featuring something from each continent each week (or mostly like that). Since it is summer in these parts I'm aiming for warm weather, mostly bbq type dishes. Keep in mind that I don't have access to all sorts of authentic ingredients for all the various world cuisines so I'll be doing my best with local goodies.

I was going to have the dishes to match who was playing each day but after the group stage that could get tricky... and I don't want to jinx anyone by assuming they either will or won't make it past the group stage!

So here we go! Ole, ole, ole, ole! Guaranteed to be fun month!

2010 FIFA WORLD CUP MENU - Week 1
  1. Mexico - Fish Tacos
  2. USA - Hot dogs and Fries or Sweet Potato Fries (there is no recipe for hot dogs, buy them at the grocery store - enjoy)
  3. Australia - Shrimp on the Barbie
  4. Japan - Chicken Yakatori
  5. Portugal - Pasta with Mussels and Chorizo
I'll add recipes as the week goes on so check back for the links. I'll add Week 2 next Thursday.

Here are the links for the other weeks in the 2010 FIFA World Cup Menu
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Final Game Menu

No comments: