Grilled Eggplant Parmesan- Serves 4 -6
- 1 Eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 Zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- Handful of fresh basil and oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup each, shredded mozzarella and parmesan
- salt and pepper
(I had some leftover polenta so I baked it in a pan and then grilled it to make another layer. You can buy polenta in the tube, slice it and grill it if you like or you can leave it out. You can also slice up tofu, grill it and add it as another layer to bump up the nutrients and add a layer of creamy goodness!)
- Heat your grill to high.
- Grill your eggplant and zucchini until tender.
- Grill your tomato until heated, about 1 minute per side (too long and you'll have mush!)
- Assemble your parmesan but layering eggplant, cheese, herbs, tomato, zucchini and repeat. End with cheese and herbs.