On another note, I made polenta for the first time. EASY!! And really tasty. I kept it super simple. This is great in place of potatoes, rice, couscous, noodles, etc. And you can change the flavorings to suit your meal or your own taste buds!
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 3 ounces grated parmesan
- 5 big leaves of basil, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Put 1 cup water and cornmeal in a bowl and let soak.
- Put the rest of the water in a pot and bring to a boil
- Add the cornmeal mixture to the boiling water and reduce to low.
- Simmer until thickened, it will happen quickly, just a couple of minutes
- Stir in the cheese until blended
- Stir in the basil
- Taste and add salt to taste