This creation is inspired by the French Nicoise salad and is a great way to use the leftover veggies we see at the market this time of year.
Any of the following or whatever else interests you at your local market these days
- a couple of boiled, bbq'ed or roasted potatoes
- handful of green beans, cooked or raw depending on how you like them
- hard boiled egg, peeled and cut in quarters
- tuna, leftover chicken or shrimp
- beets, pickled or roasted cut in quarters.
- Balsamic, Italian or Sweet Onion vinaigrette
- Place each item in it's own section on your plate or lunch container. Yes, they can touch but you don't toss them together (but you could really, I won't be by to check...)
- Place the dressing in a separate container and drizzle it over everything just before you eat.
That's it. It's that simple. Great way to use leftovers!