This recipe calls for leaving the shells on so they don't dry out and overcook on the bbq. If you want to remove the shells for easy eating, only marinate for 10 minutes max otherwise the lemon juice will cook the shrimp!
Australia - Shrimp on the Barbie
- Wooden skewers
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 lb large shrimp in the shell
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups of spinach leaves
- Place wooden skewers in the water to soak
- Mix lemon juice, garlic and shallots together
- Toss in shrimp and let marinate for one hour
- Heat the BBQ on high.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewers and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Cook the shrimp on the BBQ until cooked through
- Serve on a bed of spinach.