I just realized that the paralympics run March 12 - 21. We have shown so much love and support for the Olympics. I hope we have the same enthusiasm for our paralympians! What they do is even more thrilling!
Okay, on to tonight's meal. Fiskboller which are Norwegian Fish Balls.
- 1 lb white fish, cod, haddock, pollack
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour to form a nice dough
- 1 clove roasted garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups leftover simmer broth
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, you want the dough to form a nice ball
- Bring chicken, fish or veggie broth or water (I used plan ol' water and it worked great) to boil in a large pot
- Form balls with two spoons and drop into the simmering water.
- They are cooked when they firm and float to the top.
- Strain the leftover broth and use it to make a nice white sauce.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a saucepan
- Add flour and cook for about 30 seconds
- Whisk in white wine and curry powder until thick
- Add in enough leftover broth to make a smooth sauce.
Serve with some steamed veggies or a nice salad and you have a complete meal.
I'm thinking of something special to do for the Paralympics next month so stay tuned!