Schnitzel is incredibly easy. Perfect for a Friday evening in! Don't feel like making the Spaetzle? Serve Schnitzel with pasta or potatoes.
- 4 veal sirloin, scallopini or boneless pork chops
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- If the meat is not already thin, pound out to 1/4 - 1/2 inch (about 2cm)
- Heat butter over medium high heat in a frying/saute pan
- Beat eggs in a dish and place bread crumbs on a plate with salt and pepper
- Dip meat in eggs, then in bread crumbs
- Saute meat in butter until cooked through
- Squeeze one wedge of lemon on each piece of meat, serve the remaining wedges with each piece as garnish
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Set a large pot of water on to boil
- Mix all the ingredients together
- The water needs to be boiling before you proceed!
- Push the batter mix through a colander or grater into the water (or use a ricer if you have one)
- The dough bits should cook 2 -3 minutes, they will float to the top when done.
- Remove with a large slotted spoon and drain
- Toss with some butter or your favorite cheese and enjoy!