Mac and Cheese of Olympians
- 3/4 - 1 lb dried pasta, I used Scooby Doo pasta.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 3 c shredded cheese, I used old cheddar and white cheddar
- 1 pkg chopped spinach, DO NOT Drain
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp each, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar for top
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain but don't rinse!
- Preheat oven to 350
- In the same big pot you used to cook the pasta, melt the butter over medium high heat
- Add the onions and saute until soft
- Add the flour and whisk until blended
- Slowly add milk and continue whisking until blended and thickened, reduce heat to medium
- Add 1/2 c of the cheese and whisk until melted, continue adding 1/2 c at a time until it's all incorporated
- Stir in the Dijon, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg
- Fold in the spinach and then the pasta
- Pour the mixture into casserole dishes. I like individual casseroles as they freeze quickly and defrost quickly. But if you have a big family one big casserole will do!
- Top with bread crumbs and cheese
- Bake for 20 -30 minutes until bubbly and golden on top.
Cheers! Back to the games!