Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Japanese Teriyaki Salmon, Veggies and Rice

It snowed last night! Now it really feels like the Olympics! But that also meant the big dig out. Luckily my neighbor got a snowblower for Christmas and this was the first time they could use it so they cleared everyone's driveway. I just had to tidy up and clear a path to my backyard. Still a good work out but not unmanageable. And tomorrow morning I'll have to clear the end of the driveway again but that's okay it'll be another workout!

Tonight's meal should have been a quickie but the brown rice takes 30 minutes or more. I'm making a big batch to freeze some for meals in the future. Next time I need rice I can just pull it out of the freezer and not have to wait a half hour or more. It's the only way to get supper on the table fast during the week.

Tonight I'm really keeping it simple. Brown rice, frozen Asian mixed veggies and a piece of salmon. I'm going to bake the salmon in the toaster oven covered in Teriyaki sauce. I'll stir fry the veggies and throw some of the same Teriyaki sauce on it. Serve it all over the rice and that's it, dinner - done!

A stir fry can really come together quickly with frozen Asian mixed veggies or pre-cut veggies from the grocery store. Add you pre-made rice or noodles and you can literally put dinner on the table in about 15 minutes!

My end result:

Yum !

(sushi would have also made a nice Japanese meal tonight....)

Now back to the games!

No comments: