Even the marinating stage looks tasty....I'm drooling already!
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated (I cut fresh ginger into chunks and freeze then it's easy to grate it and I always have fresh ginger in the house)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (if you can't find this, double the amount of sesame seeds)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 1 lb finely sliced lean beef
- large lettuce leaves
- shredded carrots and green onions
- soy sauce for dipping
- kimchi, if you can find it!
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and toss the sliced meat in it. Marinate for at least 1 hour
- Set a pan over high heat or use an indoor grill set on high.
- Sear the meat
- Set out the meat and remaining ingredients for everyone to make their own.
- Roll the meat in the lettuce leaves with shredded carrots, green onions and kimchi and dip in the soy sauce.
If you have an indoor grill or raclette and can place it in the middle of the table, diners can cook their own meat which is exactly how the Koreans would enjoy this meal.