Okay, on to day. I noticed the overall menu from last week had a lot of greens, whole grains and beans. So I'm using some meals from the original menu and some of my own for this week.
Week 2-Day 1
Egg with Spinach and Provolone. Whole Wheat English Menu
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium high. Break egg into pan, top with spinach and cheese. Sprinkle with Garlic powder and onion powder if you want.
Leftover Turkey Rice soup
Pork Sandwiches with Avocado Spread, Refried Bean topped with Cheddar and a Southwest Salad
- Marinate pork sirloin or boneless chops in lime juice and apple cider vinegar for 6 - 8 hours.
- Mash 1/2 an avocado with 2 tbsp salsa and a squeeze of lime juice. set aside
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Cook the pork until no longer pink inside. Shred with a fork.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the avocado mixture on half of a whole grain flat bun.
- Top with 3-4 ounces of the pork.
- Heat the refried beans until warm. Top each serving with a tbsp of shredded cheddar
- For the salad take 1 cup of romaine greens shredded and toss with 1 tbsp corn, diced cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, and roasted red pepper (or fresh). Top with 1 tbsp reduced fat/lite ranch dressing.