Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Detox/Reset Menu Day 3

I'm finding that the original menu from Self magazine has a lot of meals!  I've mentioned before that I eat a late breakfast and therefore I don't need a big lunch, just a snack will do.  So tonight I'm eating yesterdays lunch as my dinner.  I'm thinking I might be able to stretch this menu out to 2 weeks...

Day 3
Breakfast
Whole Grain Cereal with Skim Milk and a Banana

Lunch
Slice of provolone cheese and a clementine

Dinner
Warm Salmon Pasta Salad
  • Prepare whole wheat penne or rotini according to the package directions.  Save about 1 cup of the pasta water.  Drain, cool and set aside.
  • For one 213g can of salmon mix 6 tsp olive oi, 6 tsp lemon juice and 3 tsp Dijon mustard
  • Add the drained can of salmon with skin and bones removed
  • Mix in 1/2 cup white kidney beans.   
  • Toss in a few cherry or grape tomatoes.
  • Toss the salmon mix with the warm pasta, add some of the pasta water if it's too thick for your liking
  • Serve the pasta mix on a bed of spinach.
  • Top with Parmesan if you like.

Snack/Treats
1 glass of red wine and 1 cup of edamame in the shell. 
  • Microwave the edamame 2-3 minutes on high or according to package instructions.  Toss with some course sea salt or kosher salt. 
Enjoy!

No comments: