- 1 6 0z can of tune packed in olive oil - DON'T DRAIN
- 1 12 oz can of white kidney beans or cannelini beans,rinsed and drained.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- handfull of cherry tomatoes or a small tomato diced
- about 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, chopped but if you don't have fresh basil, italian seasoning will do in a pinch. I had some pesto so I threw that in instead.
Mix it all together and your done.
I'm going to do a beer can chicken and some fresh veggies I get at the market that is handy to our cottage. And I'm also going to make the following for lunch.
- Mutigrain bread
- Grilled Peppers
- Grilled Red Onion
- and whatever cheese is already at the cottage but a fresh mozzarella would be nice but I'm might try Havarti.
I'll grill the peppers and onions and then throw the bread on just to get a little crispy. Then I'll assemble it all into a sandwich. I can't wait to try it.
And this is the plan for Sunday's dinner. Portobello Burgers!
- Portabellos Mushrooms
- Whole Wheat Buns
- And, depending on what I find, I could go with
- Feta, Tomato, Olives, Cucumber, Peppers Oregano OR
- Mozzarella, Tomatoes, Summer Squash (Zucchini), Arugula, Basil
I'll dice it up and make it as a topping for the Portabellos. Grill up the Portabellos on the grill and call it a burger!