Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tonight it's Spaghetti Squash with a Rose Sauce. Out of the freezer! I made this one a couple of weeks ago. I love spaghetti squash. It's so easy and it's a veggie serving without even thinking about it! I love that. I always roast the squash by cutting it in half across the middle (versus from end to end) and putting a little drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper on the inside, then putting it cut side down on a cookie sheet and baking it at 350 for 45 -55 minutes. Then you scrap out the strings with a fork. I made these with a rose sauce made of cream cheese and leftover jarred pasta sauce. I also sauted some peppers and sun-dried tomatoes and added them to the sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and your done! Quick, cheap and extremely nutritious. My favorite kind of meal. Want a protein added in? I believe we had Baked Chicken Breasts seasoned with a bit of Italian Seasoning and cooked for 20 minutes in the oven with it when I originally served it a couple of weeks ago. YUM!

No comments: