Friday, May 19, 2006

It's About Time!

You may wonder why I've been so quiet the last few days. Well we've all been sick around here. This is the first day I have the energy to sit here and type. Yup, it's been that bad. But I do have to make a point. Part of being a Personal Chef means that we make meals for the freezer for our clients to have at their convenience. I also do that for myself for two reasons. One is so that I can determine which meals freeze best and how best to reheat them (that is always an eye opener!). Second is so that I have meals at the ready when I don't have time or don't feel like cooking. Just like this week. Even though I was too sick to cook, we weren't stuck eating pre-fab soups or dinners. Instead we had healthy homemade meals! Last night we had stuffed shells with spinach and cheese. The night before we had chicken cordon bleu (a healthy version) and steamed cauliflower. And I even had homemade chicken soup in the freezer from the last time Tim was sick.

Soups, casseroles, pasta dishes all freeze well. Double up when you make them and keep your freezer ready for those nights when you need a quick meal. We'll cover more about freezer ready meals in the future. It's a great way to eat!

No comments: