Tuesday, May 30, 2006

At the Cottage with Internet!

We decided to get internet access at the cottage. It's not much of a "roughin' it" type of place. Our latest addition will have air conditioning! Oh well, I can't complain.

We re-did the kitchen out here a couple of years ago so it's a better space for prep work but somehow the additional counterscape ends up getting used for clutter. I got a new BBQ cookbook, Better Homes and Garden New Grilling Book. It's excellent. It has recipes for indoor grills, smokers, turkey fryers and rotisseries as well as the standard charcoal and gass grills. I find it very inspiring.

I do like to keep it simple at the cottage. Last night we had salmon fillets on sugar maple planks with steamed broccoli. Tonight it is rosemary lamb chops and roasted beets. All I'm going to do with the lamb is marinate for an hour or so in red wine, then rub it with chopped fresh rosemary and on to the grill it goes! The beets well get cut into 1/2 inch pieces, tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I'll cook them on low heat directly but I'll turn the other side of the BBQ on medium-high so they will roast. After they are done I may toss them with a little lite blue cheese dressing. A lovely Zinfandel will complete the meal.

A beautiful day deserves a nice meal!

No comments: