Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Where have we been?

Well we've once again, been at the cottage. We came down on Friday and aren't leaving until Wednesday morning. Although we actually got bored yesterday. It was too windy for Tim to work on the guest cottage or for me to sand some chairs I'm re-finishing. Oh, I could have sewn, cooked, wrote.... but I just wasn't inspired. Neither was Tim so we went for a drive in to Saint John. It was a holiday so everything was closed. We did stop at the local brew pub for a snack. After we came back I did put on a small pot of black bean soup. I sauted the following:
Red onion
Jalepeno pepper
Red pepper
garlic

Then I added a shucked ear of corn to help thicken the broth, and water. I also added in some of my homemade tex/mex no salt seasoning, some table Ms. Dash, some Ancho Chili powder and some no salt herb and garlic seasoning.
I let this all simmer for about 20 minutes.

Then I added in:
The 14 oz can of No Salt Added Black Beans
2 diced tomatoes
the corn from the shucked ear
1 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
3 chopped green onions.

Serve this with a good helping of grated Mozza (which is what I had on hand) or Cheddar or Monteray Jack Cheese and some nacho chips. Nutricious, delicious and cheap!

No comments: