Sunday, August 13, 2006

Now, with pictures!

I got a fantastic digital camera this week. Now this blog will have pics of all the great recipes! I've already taken pictures of a great salmon dish we had last night and the brisket that is marinating for tonight. One small problem... I forgot the USB cable to download the pics here at the cottage. So stay tuned. You'll get to see it all shortly!

I managed to find Brisket. It is a hard cut of meat to find around these parts but there is a butcher shop here in Rothesay and they happened to have some. I've marinated it over night in Beer, dijon mustard, garlic, worchestershir sauce and a few dashes of hot sauce. Tonight I'm going to slow smoke it with mesquite. Then serve it with my homemade bbq sauce. I have an Asian slaw I made (soy sauce, rice wine vineager, pickled ginger, garlic and honey) yesterday that I will serve with it. I'll add a salad and we're done! I also have a nice bottle of Shiraz to go with it. Yum! Come back for the pics!

No comments: