Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I'm Stuffing Things Again!

This time it is a huge zucchini. I love this time of year when the veggies are mutant sized! Stuffing things is a great way to use up leftovers. I had bbq'd some shrimp last night but we didn't eat them all. So I did a greek inspired, shrimp, couscous, tomato, onion and feta stuffing. Couscous is great because you just boil twice as much water as couscous, pour it over the couscous and let it sit for 5 minutes. Fluff it up and it is ready to go! I sauteed my onions and some of the inside bits that I had scraped out of the zucchini. Once the onions were soft, I added in some minced garlic and continued sauteing for just another minute. Garlic can burn quickly so be vigilant. I cut up the shrimp. I tossed everything together with some chopped fresh tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese and my 'now famous' homemade seasoning mix, Greek inspired. Tonight I'll cook them on the bbq using indirect heat. Yum!

No comments: