Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A picture is worth a thousand words...

So while smoking the lovely brisket I told you about, I had a little accident.

No one was injured. The moral of the story is, if you are looking for a new bbq, you may want to get one with stainless steel side tables, not plastic. Or you may want to leave the smoker packet on the bbq until the next day when it's nothing but ashes and not still smoking...


The brisket turned out a little tough. It was hard to keep the smoker packets smoking and not have the heat on too high. However, judging by how long the packets smoked after I was done, the idea would have been to start them about 1/2 to 1 hour before hand and then once they got really going, I would have been able to turn the heat down. Even the goddess makes mistakes... as demonstrated above. Oh well, if I was perfect, life would be boring.

As promised, here is the picture of the fantastic planked salmon meal. I had planked the salmon the night before and then just reheated over low heat wrapped in foil before serving. The spinach is one of our favs, just saute in a bit of olive oil and garlic, saute some onions, melt in some of your favorite cheese. This time we used Cambazola and Parmesan. Also on the plate is some of my leftover potato salad made with mayo, my homemade dijon, some cider vineagr, chives and green onions. Yum!


Yes, it's a paper plate, and plastic margarine container...it's the cottage for goodness sake!

No comments: