I picked up some Albacore Tuna Loins from the CostCo. $9.99 for 5 loins frozen. I try to keep some fish in the freezer and the price on these couldn't be beat. I didn't have high expectations but these were awesome!
Ponzu Tuna Loins
- 3 tuna loins
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Heat the grill or grill pan on high heat
- Mix together the lime juice and soy sauce to make the ponzu sauce.
- Marinate the tuna loins in the ponzu for 10 minutes
- Sear on each side 1-2 minutes for rare.
- Heat the leftover marinate in the microwave for 3 minutes on high.
- Serve the tuna loins with the heated leftover marinate ponzu sauce.
Sesame Bok Choy and Noodles
Serves 3 - 4
- 4 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 head of bok choy, white and green parts separated and sliced.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked spaghettini noodles, preferably whole wheat
- Heat a dry saute pan over medium high heat with the sesame seeds added
- Heat until the sesame seeds are golden, remove the seeds
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Toss in the white part of the bok choy and cook until softened
- Add in the green onions and noodles and cook until the greens are a bit wilted and the noodles are heated through, about 1 - 2 minutes
- Serve the tuna from above on a bed of the sesame bok choy and noodles with the leftover heated ponzu sauce on top!