Chinese Sesame Noodles
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4lb chicken boneless breast or thighs (or leftovers)
- 2 cups each, broccoli and red cabbage, both chopped
- 2-3 green onions sliced diagonally
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch cube of ginger, minced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soya sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Drain and toss with 1 tbsp of the sesame oil
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a wok over medium high heat
- Saute the chicken until cooked through and remove from the wok
- Meanwhile, mix all the sauce ingredients together in either a blender or use a hand blender (immersion blender), set aside.
- Add the broccoli and red cabbage to the wok and cook until tender
- Toss in the green onions and the sesame seeds. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes (you can also toast the seeds in a dry pan if you wish)
- Add in the sauce and heat through
- Add in the noodles and heat through again.