Meatloaf Most Excellent
Serves 4 - 6
- 2 cups diced stale french bread
- 1/2 - 1 cup milk
- 1/c grated parmesan
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves roasted garlic (or 1 large raw clove)
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish (the kind you get in the jar)
- 5 or more good squirts of Worcestershire Sauce
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp steak spice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Soak bread and milk in a bowl for about 5 minutes until the milk is absorbed. Squeeze out the excess milk from the bread and place the bread in the food processor.
- Add the parmesan, onion, garlic and rosemary to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped
- Add the parmesan bread mix to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Form into a loaf, spread the ketchup on top and bake for 55 minutes or until the internal temp is 165F.
The soaked bread really does make it moist! Enjoy!