Spinach and Beet Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 8 cups of washed and torn up spinach
- 1/2 cup diced pickled beets
- Light blue cheese dressing
- Heat a dry saute pan over medium high heat
- Toss the pumpkin seeds in the pan and heat until brown and plump
- Remove the seeds and set aside
- If you wish you can saute the shallots, add oil to the pan and saute until soft and golden. (but you can serve them raw in the salad)
- Divide the spinach, beets, shallots and pumpkin seeds between 4 salad plates.
- Drizzle with the blue cheese dressing.
Yes it is that simple. Elegant. Impressive. Easy. Done!