Sunday, May 30, 2010

World Cup Countdown

11 days to the opening ceremonies of FIFA World Cup 2010! I'm starting to research the menu now. Needless to say the first meal will be from South Africa since they are the host nation. It's an eclectic cuisine so selecting a dish to represent the country is a challenge. I know one thing for sure, I'll be enjoying a bottle of their fine wine with my meal. My fav is the Two Oceans Sauvignon Blanc, perfect for a summer evening!

I'm doing this research as I listen to thunder and enjoy a bowl of beer, bacon and onion soup. I'll post the recipe soon. Hot soup today? Welcome to the Maritimes. I believe we have seen all 4 seasons today. Mom even had hail out at her place. I placed the tomato plants under cover just to be safe!

Stay tuned, menu to follow. I'm trying to keep it summer friendly, lots of bbq and warm weather meals!

No comments: