Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Healthy Chive Creamy Sauce

It's that time of year. The chives are taking over that section of the garden where I let them run amok. I've shared my chive butter before and I've already but up a full pound of it so far this season. But here's another quick use for chives, Healthy Chive Creamy Sauce. This sauce is healthy because it doesn't use cream but instead uses yogurt and heart healthy good fat mayo. It tastes like it's quite naughty. Try some on fish, chicken, potatoes, veggies.... I even put it on a poached egg on ham in an english muffin. Tasty!


Healthy Chive Creamy Sauce
Serves 2 -4
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt
  • 2 tbsp mayo
  • 2 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1/3 cup chopped chives
Instructions:
  1. Mix all the ingredients together
  2. Serve
Pretty easy, eh?! Enjoy!

No comments: