Friday, January 29, 2010

More Olympics Planning

I was reviewing my freezer contents yesterday as I looked for something for supper and discovered I already have 2 meals done for my Olympic menu! Spanish Paella and British Shepherds Pie. The only way I can do international meals every day during the Olympics is to have at least half of them already in the freezer. Even though it's the Olympics, life will go on as usual for those 2 weeks. And since I eat out of my freezer at least 50% of the time, I can't imagine trying to cook every single night! Once you start cooking more when you do cook and stockpiling your freezer, it becomes the only way to cook. Cooking nightly becomes a thing of the past!

Tonight I'm doing Greek Stuffed Peppers and getting the Chinese BBQ Pork in to marinate. The Pork will be used in a 2 part meal. First I'll have some of it with some stir-fried Bok Choy this weekend and then I'll freeze the leftovers and they will be ready to go for a Pork Noodles Soup during the games.

I'm finalizing the list so stay tuned!

No comments: