Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Turkey Mediterranean Burgers

It finally turned warm here! We go straight from wet and chilly to full on summer. And now I need to mow my lawn. Well... the lawn that is left after the dogs have beaten it down since the thaw. sigh... and so it begins.


On the plus side, I've got burgers made up and waiting in the freezer. I made some more of the Korean inspired burgers to serve traditionally with cheddar and ketchup. I also did up some Turkey Burgers Mediterranean style. Oh, except mine were made from ground chicken. I find ground turkey stays with me all evening so I tend to go for ground chicken. The choice is up to you, it will work with either.



Turkey Mediterranean Burgers
Makes 4 Burgers - 5 points each (before the bun)


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground extra lean ground chicken or turkey
  • 1 cup frozen spinach (I buy the individually frozen chopped spinach or you could use about 1/2 a pack if it comes in a block)
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup light feta cheese
  • 1 tsp lemon rind
  • 2 cloves garlic


Instructions:
  1. Mix all the ingredients and form into 4 patties
  2. Barbecue until cooked through, about 15 minutes
These are great to prepare when you bring the ground meat home from the grocery store. You'll have them in the freezer for whenever you are ready to fire up the 'cue. Enjoy!

No comments: