I realized as I was eating this one that it was definitely worth sharing. Wanna bite?
This is a Thai Burger done the KISS way (keep it simple, silly!). Usually when I approach burgers I go overboard with the flavours. That can be good but it doesn't have to be that complicated. Just a few authentic flavours can make your burger go from ordinary to extraordinary! Here's what I did for these.
Thai Burgers for 4
- 1 lb of extra lean beef, pork or chicken
- Lime Zest of 1/2 a lime or 2 tsp of lime juice
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp each of fish sauce, garlic chili sauce and peanut butter (I use the all natural, no additive type)
That's it. Mix gently and make into patties.
I made a spread to go on the buns
Thai Burger Spread:
- 4 tbsp mayo, light works well here
- 4 tsp red curry paste
- 4 tsp or less, depending on taste, soya sauce
- Blend and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
I have a few more recipes written down for easy ethnic burgers that I'll post after I try them. What sounds good in my head usually works but it would be best if I'm sure first, don't you think?