So I had some chicken and spinach. I thought I'd do them in a sort of saute pan supper. Pasta? sure. I pulled out some orzo, the rice shaped pasta. This is a great pasta for salads and mixed dishes. I boiled 3 handfuls (fancy measuring, eh?).
Warm Orzo Salad
- Orzo (3 handfuls for 3 small meals)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red and orange pepper
- 6 oz. chicken tenders or breast meat, diced
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomato salad dressing
- Cook Orzo according to instructions on package. Set aside when done.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat
- Saute red onion and peppers until tender
- Add chicken and saute until cooked through
- Add in spinach and cook until heated through
- Toss in Orzo and salad dressing and heat through
- Put on plates and top with feta.
You can do this dish without the chicken for a great vegetarian dish or a nice side dish. You can also serve it cold! Orzo is great for cold pasta salads. The shape and texture is really nice.