Seems like a light meal but I promise you you'll be full!
Asian Noodle Soup
- 2 -3 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti, fettuccine or linguine
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisen sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly diagonally
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into thin stalks
- 2 green onions sliced on the diagonal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sliced cooked pork (I used leftover roast, you can thinly slice pork, chicken or beef from raw if you don't have leftovers)
- Heat the broth, soy sauce, hoisen sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and ginger in a large soup pot until it comes to a boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in the carrots, broccoli and green onions, simmer until the veggies are tender.
- If using raw meat add now and simmer until cooked.
- Add eggs and stir until cooked
- If using cooked meat add now and heat through
- Place 1/2 cup noodles in each bowl, top with 1-1 1/2 cup of the broth veggie mix.