You can use whatever meat, veggie and herb mix you like. This is also a great use of leftover meat since it's already cooked. All you have to do is add it in with the rice to heat through.
Rice Bowl with Veggies and Shrimp
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces peeled shrimp
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 2-3 cups frozen peas
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- Cook rice as per package instructions if you don't have any leftover on hand.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat
- Cook shrimp until pink, toss in garlic
- Remove shrimp from pan
- Saute onions until soft
- Add peas, curry, turmeric and ginger, heat until the peas are just bright green
- Add in rice and shrimp, heat through
Yup, that's it. Tasty!