Surprisingly Filling YUMMY Vegetarian Chili
Weight Watchers Points Plus (before the cheese and sour cream) 5
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced (save the leaves for later!)
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 12-14 cremini mushrooms (or baby porties)
- 1 large roasted red pepper (from a jar is fine)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 19 ounce can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 19 ounce can no salt added red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp pepper paste (Hungarian) or ground paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (this is the really important bit!) and any leftover celery leaves, chopped.
- shredded cheddar and monteray jack cheese
- light sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium high pot
- Saute the onion, carrots, celery until soft
- Add the mushrooms and red pepper and saute another 3-5 minutes
- Add in the black beans, red kidney beans, tomatoes and corn
- Stir in the spices and oregano, let simmer for 5 minutes, have a taste and add chili powder and chipotle chili powder if you want it spicier.
- Add a bit of salt if you think it needs it. Remember you can always add more but you can't take it out so add a little at a time, taste, add more if needed.
- Let the whole bit simmer for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss in cilantro and celery leaves, stir.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream on top of each bowl.
YUM, YUM, YUM. Seriously YUM