Here it is, finally. It's been a long day!
First attempt. Not so good. I've been up over 13 hours. Give me strength...
Bangers and Mash Pie
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 banger sausages
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 - 2 cups frozen peas
- Package of frozen puffed pastry or refrigerator pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with the olive oil and butter
- Saute the onions and sausage, removed from the casing until browned
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir for 1 minute
- Add in the water, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender
- Add in the peas and heat through
- Cut the pastry into 4 rectangles
- Spray 4 small casserole dishes with cooking spray
- Place one half of the pasty in each dish with the other half hanging over the side
- Spoon in the filling mix evenly between the 4 dishes
- Turn over the other half of the pastry to cover the casserole.
- Brush on the beaten egg.
- Cook for 25- 30 minutes until golden. Check often, ovens and casseroles vary!
Really tasty! Quite easy too (aside from the battle with the first puff pastry) They looked fine in the end.