Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Super Skinny Pizza

So I had these wonderful globe zucchini I had picked up at the market. Globe zucchini are round, as their name implies. I was going to stuff them but it was a warm day and the thought of baking them in the oven for a while didn't appeal to me. So I came up with the idea to make them into pizzas!


I took my round zucchinis and cut them into 1/4 inch discs, but I could have done the same with a some medium or large regular zucchinis, cutting them lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. You could also use eggplant this way. I then baked just the zucchini at 400 for 10 minutes, check them after 5 and flip them if necessary. You are trying to brown them and dry them out so they will make nice pizza shells.
Once the 'shells' are brown and crispy, top them with sauce and your favorite toppings. We used a little rose sauce with veggies and mozza. Think about the point value! We just has a little sauce and cheese for points. I ended up eating a plate full of mini pizzas and the point total was 4!

Here's another thought. Cut small or medium zucchini in half, scoop out some of the seeds from the centre and use the zucchini like a french bread for pizza. Remember to bake the zucchini first to make it crispy!

No comments: