Serves 3 - 1.5 points each
- 4 cups of Broccoli, chopped roughly
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt or Ms. Dash
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of shredded light cheddar cheese.
That's it! This is a great starter dish in place of a salad or great with a sandwich for lunch. Split it between 2 servings and serve it with some whole wheat toast for a light meal. The point value per serving goes up to 2.5 (check the math, yes I rounded up).