Tuesday, May 01, 2012

A variation on Mu Shu Pork

I just finished a lovely meal of Mu Shu Pork.  Geez I love a little Mu Shu.  There are no pics cause it's all gone!  In this version I used portabello mushrooms instead of shitake, Tatsoi instead of chinese cabbage and tossed a bit of chopped cilantro on the mixture at the end (cause I had some fresh on hand and I luv cilantro).  I could only get portabello mushrooms at the market this week and I picked up some Tatsoi cause I was feeling frisky.  I had no idea what it'd be like but it looked like a cross between bok choy and spinach.  It's actually quite tasty, mild.  My point here is, and I do have one... you can make some adjustments to this recipe depending on what is accessible to you.  And don't forget to serve with some Hoisin sauce on the side.  I could seriously swim in that stuff.... mmmmm.

Here's my original Mu Shu recipe.  Enjoy!

No comments: