Best Green Beans Ever
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat a pot of water on the stove until boiling, add green beans and cook 2-3 minutes until bright green. Immediately remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside
- Put the diced bacon in a skillet and heat over medium heat
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on a paper towel
- Remove all but 1 tbsp of the bacon fat from the pan
- Add the shallots and saute until golden.
- Add the green beans, red wine vinegar, mustard and lemon juice.
- Heat through
- Toss back in bacon bits.