Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sausage Cheese Balls.... and list of excuses

Wow, has it been a while. I've been really busy getting ready for the gardening season and baby season. I've knit hats and booties for 3 different babies plus it's birthday month around here so that's more knitting. Whew! I still have a 7 day healthy menu to post. I'll get around to it....

But speaking of all things baby - I went to a baby shower this past weekend and I made a great party dish that is deadly simple. Sausage Cheese Balls are really easy and can be made ahead, even frozen before cooking. I like to make a batch at Christmas time. They are perfect for cocktails or tapas parties but also for having along with a brunch menu!

Sausage Cheese Balls - Makes 50 - 75 balls

Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups Bisquick
  • 1 lb sausage meat, flavour of your choice, casings removed and crumbled
  • 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
  • dash of Tabasco sauce

Instructions:
  1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Shape into 1/2 inch balls
  3. Freeze until needed or
  4. Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes until lightly browned

Enjoy!

No comments: