Now on to snacks. You know I like a low fat, low sodium snack. And when your going to be enjoying a cocktail or two, it's good to get some food in your belly. Here is the quickest salsa I know. And I don't even like pineapple but this stuff is delicious!
- 1/2 - 3/4 of a pineapple, I get the already cleaned stuff in the produce section.
- 1 red pepper
- 4 green onions (scallions)
- a bunch of cilantro (can you really have too much?!)
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- pinch of brown sugar
- squirt of lime juice (about 2 tbsp or 1 fresh squeezed)
- 1 tsp chipotle powder or 1 chipotle pepper from a can
Now how about some other quick snacks. We all know how much I like to stuff things. Sometimes this is too time consuming for a crowd. But I had some "red hots" peppers so I made a filling with light herb and garlic cream cheese and grated cheddar. With a hot pepper, it is important to not only get all the seeds out but to also get out the white pithe.
Like I said, this can be time consuming. But since there was only 4 of us, I did 8 red hots, some tomatoes and some mushrooms. Now the mushrooms can be a quick stuffer. Just wash, gently rock the stem back and forth to remove them. Then you can spoon in stuffing mix of any sort. Or if you want a really quick and tasty snack, add blue cheese. Broil, bake or grill those puppies up and you have a great snack!