Sunday, March 24, 2013

Simple Cream Sauce (without the cream!!)

I've been eating some quick recipes out of my repertoire these days or out of my freeze with my homemade leftovers as we work our way through Emily's chemo (see her blog, Her Lovely Lady Lumps )  At the moment she's doing great so I shook my pots and pans and made a little brunch. 

This is a simplified version of sauce I've made before.  It goes best on poached eggs, veggies or chicken.

Cream Sauce without the Cream. 
Serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup plain yogurt
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 tbsp chopped chives

Instructions:
  1. Mix all the ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl
  2. Microwave for 30 minutes, whisk, repeat until the butter is melted and the sauce is warm

That's it.  I use the chive butter that I have in my freezer.  I have large patches of chives in my garden so I make lots of chive butter to have during the winter months.  It's also way easier to grab as I'm cooking then to run out to the yard in the middle of food prep!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Hello! :)

I have read your blog and I think you have many high quality recipes. I would be very happy if you would join us at http://www.mytaste.com/ so that we could link to your recipes.

myTaste.com is a search engine that collects the best cooking blogs from the Internet. Several hundred blogs are already enrolled here. If you joind us you could take benefit from the traffic we are sendeing to your blog.

To join mytaste, just go to http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at info@mytaste.com

Best regards,
Joanna
mytaste.com