Serves 4 -6
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 cups seafood or veggie broth (you can make your own seafood broth by taking the shrimp shells and boiling them for 15-20 minutes, drain and there you go - seafood broth!)
- 14oz can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 roasted red pepper chopped
- 2 cups edamame (without the shells)
- 3 cups chopped green onions
- 3/4 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over medium high heat
- Saute the celery and onions until soft, about 5 minutes
- Add the garlic, ginger and coriander and saute for 30 seconds until fragrant
- Pour in the seafood broth and the next 6 ingredients through to the garlic chili sauce.
- Heat until simmering.
- Toss in the red pepper, edamame, green onions, and shrimp.
- Simmer until the shrimp are opaque.
- Stir in the cilantro and lime juice.