- Simply micro a few potatoes until just undercooked. You can boil them with the skins on or bake them if you don't want to nuke them.
- Let the tatties cool until you can handle them.
- Take the palm of your hand an smash each potato until it's about an inch thick or so.
- Drizzle each potato with olive oil and your seasonings of choice. I like Ms. Dash Herbs and Garlic.
- Turn potato over and season the other side.
- Grill on high heat until crispy on the outside, on both sides.
- Be sure to make extras to save for potato salad later!
Now on to the potato salad!
Smashed Potato Salad
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp creamed jar horseradish
- 4-6 smashed potatoes (see above), diced
- 3 green or spring onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, thyme, oregano, chives, rosemary, basil, parsley, or whatever combo you have on hand
- Mix the mayo, mustard and horseradish together. I follow a rule of 3 parts mayo, 1 part Dijon and 1/2 part horseradish. Taste and adjust the dressing mix to your liking
- Toss the potatoes, onions and herbs.
- Blend the dressing mix with the potato mix.