Serves 3 -4
- 1/2 medium turnip, cut into 1/4 inch fries
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven or BBQ to high heat (425F)
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil (shiny side towards the food!) and spray with cooking spray or drizzle olive oil and smear it around
- Toss the turnip fries with the remaining ingredients
- Spread the turnip over the baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the fries and cook another 10 - 15 minutes until crispy.
- 1 lb fish fillet, I used ocean trout but you could use any fish you choose
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 small thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- pinch of nutmeg
- Heat BBQ to high heat
- Cut fillet into 4 portions
- Tear 4 pieces of aluminum foil, about 18 inches by 12 inches.
- Spray each piece of foil on the shiny side with cooking spray
- Layer ingredients as listed above, salmon, dill, green onions, etc.
- Close foil on top and one end.
- Toss in 1 Tbsp water into each packet and close the remaining end.
- Cook on BBQ for 20 minutes. This is for a fillet about 1/2 inch thick. If the fillet is thicker, add 5 minutes per 1/2 inch.
These were simple and very tasty! (I've got to start remembering to get pics of these delicious dishes...)