This is a great recipe to make before the holidays and have ready to pull out of the freezer on a night you don't feel like cooking or when you have guests over (planned or drop ins!). I got 6 plus servings out of this but some were more lunch size than dinner size. Make double and you'll have a spare dinner ready to go when you need it most.
Veggie and Pasta al Forno
Serves 4 -6
- 3 cups cooked medium pasta such as penne, fusilli, bowties or wagon wheels
- 3 cups cooked and chopped veggies. I used broccoli, cauliflower and green onion
- 4 cups shredded 3 cheese mix. I used swiss, cheddar and mozza (use light were possible!)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray, use one big dish or individual ones
- Mix together the pasta, veggies, cheese, salt, garlic powder and sour cream.
- Pour into casserole dish or dishes
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and spray the crumbs with cooking spray
- Bake until bubbly, about 30 - 40 minutes.