Curry Squash Soup - Serves 4 -6
- 1 buttercup squash, medium
- 1 acorn squash, medium
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp each curry powder, cumin and coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut your squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place them cut side down in a 375 degree oven on a cookie sheet rubbed with olive oil.
- Roast until soft, about 35 - 40 minutes. You should be able to poke them easily through the skin with a fork
- While letting the squash cool a bit, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute the onions until they are soft, about 3 minutes. Add in the ginger and cook until you can smell the ginger, about 30 seconds or so.
- Scoop out the squash and add to the saucepan with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until blended and heat through.
- If you want, blend the soup to make it smooth but you'll find it's pretty much a puree already.