Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuna, Tomato, Basil and Cheese Pasta Salad

I am having the most lovely lunch. I made it last night. Simple and tasty. It kept well and fresh, no wilting of the basil overnight. Definite plus!

It's a tuna pasta salad! The pic is not great since I took it with my cell phone but you get the idea. (can you get a tripod for your cellphone camera?!)

Here is the ingredient list: (serves 2 - 3 big lunches)

  • 1/2 of a 375g box of whole wheat penne
  • 1 can of tuna packed in water
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1/2 cup finely shredded or grated parmesan or mozza cheese (I used a bit of both)
  • dash of salt or Ms. Dash (I used a bit of both)
  • splash of extra virgin olive oil. I used about 1 1/2 tbsp for the whole salad
  • a couple of leaves of basil, torn by hand

Instructions:

  1. Cook the pasta according to the package. Drain
  2. Toss tuna, tomatoes, pasta and cheese in a bowl.
  3. Add in the salt/Ms. Dash and olive oil and mix well
  4. Add in the basil and toss lightly.

Enjoy! I certainly am. I see this one going on my chick weekend cottage getaway next month! Now there will be some good cooking. We are starting to plan the menu now and the holiday is 3 weeks away! Stay tuned.

No comments: